Google Translation:

How to Design an Efficient Laundry Room

Well, I thought long and hard about what I wanted in a laundry room. My design ideas come from things I don't like and I look for ways to change them. I, myself am I busy and the last thing I want to do is to to wait for the dryer. Solution? I bought 2 stackable dryers at Sears and bolted them together. Sounds simple? Not quite but I will explain the details. First, I make sure to buy gas dryers. Then I hired an licensed electrician and we made sure there was enough power in the laundry room for both dryers. Next, we took the exhaust hose from each dryer and connected them together so they could vent outside. I started doing this 8 years ago and I just love it!

Also, what helps is that I bought a front loader washing machine. It's more expensive in the beginning but it's worth its weight in gold when it comes to energy and water consumption. What I have discovered is that the spin cycle gets more water out than a top loader so my dryer time is about 20 minutes. The other great thing about the front loader is that it has a 8 hour delay button. So, I can set it at 10pm and by the morning, the laundry is ready to go into the dryer! Pretty cool!

Another helpful hint is that I put a Kohler Executive Chef sink in my laundry room. Yes, this is a sink intended for the kitchen but I really like it because it has two different sink depths. This is great when you are hand washing items.

This is just one example of where I take a problem and am able to solve it. That's why I like being a designer!

http://www.ontheinsidedesign.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jeanine_Naviaux

No comments:

Do It Yourself???

Do it yourself, often referred to by the acronym "DIY," is a term used by various communities that focus on people creating things for themselves without the aid of paid professionals. Many DIY subcultures explicitly critique consumer culture, which emphasizes that the solution to our needs is to purchase things, and instead encourage people to take technologies into their own hands.
Related Posts with Thumbnails