Cleaning out your closets is always a difficult thing to do mainly because there are so many decisions to be made. To help you out, here are some great closet ideas that you may not have thought of or known about:
1) If you are like me, you probably have lots of clothes that have never been worn. If so, you can try to return them to the store where you bought them. The stores will sometimes give you cash but usually they will give you store credit. If you don't want the credit, you can turn around and sell that credit on Ebay. There is a high demand on Ebay for store credit receipts and they usually fetch upwards of 80% of face value. Of course this will only work if you have store credit from a national chain.
2) Many people also use Ebay to get rid of their unwanted clothes whether it is new or used. Children's clothes sell especially well as do sweaters, shirts, and blouses. If you hate the thought of organizing a garage sale, Ebay can be a great place to sell some of your nicer items and get some nice cash for them too.
3) Here is a very neat hangar trick - try putting all your hangars in backwards on the rod in your closets. When you wear an item, turn the hangar around. At the end of the year or season, you will easily be able to tell which clothes you haven't worn and may want to get rid of!
4) Do you need more space to store things? Did you know that you can put the clothes you won't need in large sturdy plastic bags and suck the air out of them? This also works great when packing for a long trip and you need more room. Give this a try and you will be amazed. Put all the clothes you don't need in a plastic bag and use your vacuum cleaner to suck all the air out. It will shrink the size of your clothes significantly freeing up lots of room.
5) If you want to plan a new closet design, figure out first what you plan to put in the closet. Only by knowing what types of clothes you want to put in the closet will you know what types of shelves, poles, and drawers you will nee. There are many closet ideas out there and you need to be organized and create an inventory list first.
Would you like more great closet ideas? Please visit my website Closet Ideas.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sara_Hughes