DIY Solar Guides and Living off Grid
The cost of energy is rising, and even though Obama has plans to incorporate use of the giant windmills in the "Wind Corridor", it will still be a while before this is a reality. Even when we are at that point, we will end up having to pay someone else for the electricity to power our homes, and the prices just keep going up!
Did you know that, just like corporations, we as private citizens have the same opportunity to get rebates and tax credits for employing alternative energy sources, like homemade solar panels? But who knows how to construct a homemade solar cell and link many together to harness the sun's energy for our everyday needs?
The alternative to this is buying completed systems, and having them installed; this will cost into the $10,000's if not more. Not everyone has that kind of money, and I myself can't afford to incur any more debt.
So what is the answer, if solar energy solutions are widely unavailable to the general public because of cost, and constructing homemade solar panels is a daunting task; you first have to find a starting point?
DIY solar power guides are offering a viable alternative for those of us who are interested in building homemade solar panels. They offer step by step instructions on every aspect of building, and installing your own home solar power system; they offer complete diagrams and video instructions so that you get it right the first time when making your first homemade solar cell. They even have video tutorials.
Many of these alternative energy guides not only show you how to create your own solar energy, but also how to harness the power of the wind, by building homemade wind generators to provide alternative energy for your family. (This is a good addition to solar power because the windmill can generate electricity when it's cloudy or the sun is not so bright.)
There are fundamental things that you need in order to be able to use homemade solar panels and windmills to generate electricity:
1. The basics of solar energy: How solar energy is generated. Every component needed in a complete solar energy installation.(you will need to know this when you make your own solar panel.)
2. Step-by-step instructions to building a solar panel and you can be sure to produce a fully functioning solar panel.
Learn how to build the panel casing and wire all of the cells together.
- Detailed plans complete with color diagrams and pictures.
- Easy to follow instructions that will answer all your questions.
3. Solar Panel installation And Mounting
How to fix the solar panels to your roof just like the professionals do.
4. How to connect each homemade solar cell, and how to wire your homemade solar panels to your home
5. How to figure out how many solar cells, and panels you will need to run your entire house. Learn what a battery bank is, and how big it has to be for you to be able to disconnect from the grid.
6. Where to go to get the forms and apply for the solar tax rebates
Using solar energy at home to create electricity and reduce if not eliminate your power bill involves either, a lot of money, or a lot of knowledge. Speaking from my own perspective, I don't have the money, and I do not possess the knowledge to incorporate the use of homemade solar panels.
With the various DIY solar guides on the market, powering your home using alternative energy sources is now a viable option for the masses, and is something that should be seriously considered if one wants to generate their own electricity, and lessen the burden on the earth's natural resources at the same time.
Do It Yourself???
Do it yourself, often referred to by the acronym "DIY," is a term used by various communities that focus on people creating things for themselves without the aid of paid professionals. Many DIY subcultures explicitly critique consumer culture, which emphasizes that the solution to our needs is to purchase things, and instead encourage people to take technologies into their own hands.